Policy effective date: June 17, 2019
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through our website and why we collect it.
- How that information is used and with whom it may be shared.
- The security procedures in place to protect your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information or request deletion.
Information We Collect & Why
The information we collect falls into several general categories:
- Information you provide to us. When you visit our website, you may complete a form or sign up for a mailing list and provide information to us, including, but not limited to, your name, physical address, email address and phone number. We collect this information so that we can answer your questions, provide you with information or manage event details like our speaker roster and schedule. We only ask for the minimum information that we need to process your request or perform our services.
- Information that we collect automatically. When you visit our website, we collect information that your browser sends to us, such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser version, pages you visited, time spent on those pages and other statistics. We use “cookies” to collect some of this information. A cookie is a piece of data stored on your hard drive that is not linked to any personally identifiable information about you. We collect this information to help us improve our site and enhance your experience on it. We also use certain information, like IP address, to combat spam.
- Information that we collect through other sources. Some services that we use may provide us with other usage-related data, such as the device and browser you use, and other engagement data. For example, our email service provider allows us to see whether you’ve opened our emails or clicked on any links in those emails. When you purchase a ticket, your order details are retained by our processing vendor. This information helps us to better tailor our content and services to your needs. It also allows us to process ticket orders and provide you with the services you request. We only require the minimum data necessary to process your request or perform our services.
How We Use The Information
We may use the information you provide to contact you about our products or services or to provide customer service.
Information is also used to improve our communications and to make informed decisions about our website and other aspects of our business.
We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request, provide a product or service, or assist us in analyzing and improving our business practices. Your information is never aggregated, shared or sold to third parties for marketing or advertising purposes.
We may also use the information to comply with legal requirements or to meet legal obligations.
How We Protect Your Information
Information you submit through our website is encrypted and transmitted securely via https, which you can verify by looking for the lock icon in your browser’s address bar.
Only employees or service providers who need the information to perform a business task (for example, billing or customer service) are given access to personally identifiable information.
How You Can Control And Correct Your Information
You may opt out of any future contact from us at any time by contacting us at the email address provided at the end of this document.
You may also contact us to express concerns about your data or to correct any inaccuracies in the information.
We retain Personal Information for as long as we have an ongoing legitimate business or legal need to do so. You may request that we delete it by contacting us with your preferences. If we have no legitimate business or legal need to maintain or process your Personal Information, we will delete it upon your request. if there is a valid reason to retain your information, we will disclose that reason to you. Information that is retained in archives will be deleted at our next scheduled deletion date.
You may reach us by emailing [email protected].